Ok, ok... here's a tidbit of the lineup.
Michael Wincott - Rene Richard
Benecio Del Toro - Benny Dalmau
David Bowie - Andy Warhol
Denis Hopper - Bruno Bischofberger
Gary Oldman - Albert Milo
Christerpher Walken - The Interviewer...
yeah... well despite all that, the film isn't that great, I don't know why its not, maybe its just how i feel about dramatizations of biographies. If you want the whole experience, it goes really well beside Downtown 81, aka New York Beat Movie, a documentary on the same topic.
After watching this film, I put on Charlie Chaplin's City Lights (1931)and fell asleep. This is perfect cinema. It is so nice to drift off into slumber while watching or listening to it.
-----------------------------
I'm not at home, so i don't have my own computer to write this blog entry on, or the means to upload songs for today's entry.
Instead I'm going to put up a bit of interesting tidbits that can be found across the web:
WARHOL's CINEMA - A Mirror for the Sixties (1989)
64 min documentary on Andy Warhol's cinema of the sixties, made for Channel 4 in association with THE FACTORY, MOMA and the Whitney Museum of Art and in collaboration with Simon Field. Directed & Produced Keith Griffiths.
Recorded from a VHS video tape recording from the Channel 4 documentary.
-Compliments of Ubu
Diane Cluck
My friend Tina introduced me to this video, she was over and we were just talking about anti-folk. This song still pops up in my mind sometimes. I think my favorite part of this song is the way her eyes tremble with emotion or fixate with a ferocity when she sings.
White Diamond - Werner Herzog (2004)
This is probably my favorite documentary right now. There are so many scenes or moments that Herzog puts into this film that at first either makes you laugh or wonder why he would leave this in the film. The more you rewatch it, the more it makes every little bit count, and even by the end of the film it all come back full circle to make perfect sense. I think this is his masterpiece.
-------------------
Some mp3s, not from my server though.
Kiln - Bluerain
Dino Saluzzi - Imagines...

No comments:
Post a Comment