I'm an avid fan of all things animated. Honestly, I can't watch enough animation.
I watch all kinds, ranging from hand cut paper silhouettes (ex: "Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed, Die (1926)") to three dimensional computer animation (ex: "Wonderful Days"). I will always be a fan of all things animated I think, and I thought I knew the world of animation relatively well. Anyways, someone pointed me in the direction of the Beltesassar's Animated Shorts Online Festival.
Gasp!
Anyways.
You know all those Utopian blahblah blah, dogmatic, blah blah blah, that people always say about the internet... Well, for me a utopia must have an endless supply of little animated gems. Well, this man is using the internet properly and helping people like us familiarize ourselves with Wikipedia's amazing list of what I could be watching or even to really nerd out and patiently go through with a checklist.
Anyways, they're being seeded full time (which for luddites means eternally availiable). ISOHUNT
TORRENTZ
ALTERATI
You'll need a program like Utorrent to download them. (OSX users need something like Azureus)
-------------------------
Some animation I love:
Osamu Tezuka
These three short animated films were Tezuka first films, this was 1 of the 3 shorts screened alongside the first episode of astro boy.
Male - 1962
Mermaid - 1964
Memory - 1964
----------------------
Ryan Larkin
A Canadian animator who rose to fame for this Oscar nominated psychedelic short animation in 1968. He died this Feburary (2007) from lung cancer, his last years were very hard with very little work, he was mostly drunk and homeless. His memory lives on through his brilliant animation.
Walking - 1968
----------------------
Mp3 Request -- The Marble House Special
The Knife - Marble House (Emperor Machine Remix) my fav!
The Knife - Marble House (Live) my second fav!
The Knife - Marble House (PTR remix)
The Knife - Marble House (Rex The Dog Remix)
The Knife - Like A Pen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What great animations! Exactly what I needed tonight.
Amazing.
Post a Comment