Well, its 2PM Here...
So i guess its not really the morning!
What, I slept in, kill me. I've been doing dishes, cleaning, and cooking in my underwear listening to The Zombies. Once I'm done here, I'm going to venture off into the day, I'm hanging out with the Swedes today, maybe watching a movie tonight, maybe seeing some galleries in between. France's galleries are fucking magnificent. There are so many of them, and they all have a free day a week, or a free day a month. I'd love to make a calendar describing each gallery and when they're free. A poor man's guide to french art, or something. If I ever do do it (which sounds a bit too pro-active for someone like me to ever undertake with my lazy/slacker mentality), it'll go up on my blog for future travelers.
I'm peppy today, don't ask why, I've been pretty peppy all week, and peppy isn't a word I use liberally.
--------------------
Film Recommendations:
Japanese Surreal Animated Shorts
Surrealism is still alive and strong in the short animated world of Japan, do explore!
-- -- -- -- --
Kujira no Chouyaku - Glassy Ocean - 1998 - Shigeru Tamura
-- -- -- -- --
Aru Tabibito no Nikki - 2003 - Kunio Kato (sorry, don't have the english name)
-- -- -- -- --
Nekojiru-so - Cat Soup - 2001 - Tatsuo Sato
---------------------
Others
-- -- -- -- --
Days of Heaven - 1978 - Terrence Malick
Richard Gere is forgivable, there I said it. In this movie, he is excellent. This film is also one of the most beautifully shot pieces of film I have ever seen.
-- -- -- -- --
The Life And Death Of Colonel Blimp - 1943 - Powell & Pressburger
Find this movie, watch it, fall in love with it. It starts off with quick british patter and a fool of an old man saying absurdly, "But you damn young idiot, War Starts at Midnight!" It ends with the same old man, now the most endearing and warm person imaginable. Deborah Kerr, Roger Livesey and Anton Walbrook all deliver memorable performances. If you're not accustomed to old films, be patient, it'll have you sucked in at about the hour marker.
---------------------
MP3s - Autumn's Song
Karen Dalton - Katie Cruel
The Innocence Mission - The Lakes of Canada
Cat Power - Metal Heart
Sarah Vaughan - Lush Life
Love - I'm With You
The Congos - The Wrong Thing (Alternative Mix)
Delfonics - Ready or Not Here I Come
Blondie - Heart of Glass
The Breeders - Sos
Gang 90 - Jack Kerouac
Slowpoke - Sixth Sense
Chance - Samba De Morro
Electrelane - Saturday
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Down Boy

No comments:
Post a Comment