Anything new about the new year?
Seems like the same old.
I guess it isn't things aren't developing, but slowly and imperceptibly.
So, after a long overdue hiatus, I'm back with a pen to paper (then transcribed keys to blog). I woke up this morning at 12h30. Not quite morning, but the last two weeks have been a binge. I can't open the door to my apartment because wine bottles litter the entrance (in one night we added 9 bottles to the pile). My dream last night was strange. Lots of things happened, but it had a serene ending that is totally new to my dreaming schema.
It was the morning after the chaos and my room had a bunch of people in it sleeping all bundled up in crisp white duvets. The layout of the apartment was unlike any apartment I knew, but it was simple and extraordinary. It was entirely white and the light that flooded in through the windows made for beautiful shadows along the bare white walls and on the folds in the white duvets that covered the bed and floors. I climbed over everyone into the white kitchen and pulled out white ceramic mugs and a white electric kettle to boil some water to make coffee.
The sound of the kettel boiling woke a couple people and they peeped their faces out from underneath the covers and smiled. The smile was half a knowing smile that remembered the day before, and half a smile glad that I was the first one awake and making coffee for everyone. I return the same smile back and at that moment I wake up, eyes closed and lying on my side with my face buried in a pillow. I keep my eyes closed for a minute and vividly remember the apartment from the morning after.
I've never woken up with my eyes closed. Or ever kept them closed and thought about a dream. At least that I can remember.
Anyways, thats it for today.
----------
I took these photo a while ago, almost 4 years ago methinks? I don't even know time anymore... They were taken in Ramedios, a small town in south east cuba, on christmas eve.




----------
I just reformatted my computer and don't have access to my server right now, so no unique mp3s from me, but I can forward some good toons.
Chromatics - House of Models (demo)
Chromatics - Running Up That Hill
Ellen Allien & Apparat - Jet

No comments:
Post a Comment