Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Year Ago - note: somethingsentimental

it's passed
we
have
passed 365 days
and
fuck me
for longing


I read this somewhere today and it got me thinking.



A year ago today, I was ripped from a rut I'd been in for too long.
A year ago today, I had a reason to stop being cynical.
A year ago today, I was getting ready for Costa-Rica.
A year ago today, I would stay up late working on an essay.
A year and two days ago, I ran into someone who fished in her grocery bag for a pen.
A year and three days ago, I guessed a girl's name who I'd never seen before and laughed when she scowled.
A year and three days ago, I worked door in a theatre where they taught circus performance, who would have guessed that I'd learn how to juggle, balance on perilous wires, jump through hoops, and swallow fire.
A year and four days ago, was like any other day, I woke up, I went to bed, I thought of nothing, and coldly laughed with Irony.

---------------------
Nouvelle Vague - In A Manner of Speaking

2 comments:

Laura said...

Lots of love your way, okay?
xox. Laura.

Laura said...

hummm...why am I not surprised that of all the things I could comment on I choose one called "something sentimental". yes i do.