Today I'm going to go take pictures of Brno's Catacombs. I haven't really done too much sight seeing, the only places I've gone to have been to the bottom of various pint glasses. I'll be sure to put up pictures when I get back.
I had a strange dream last night. In my dream, I was horribly home sick. I missed the refreshing warm faces of people I knew. So I got on a plane and went back to Toronto. When I got here, I felt a bit ridiculous, wandered the streets not really knowing where to go. Doing banal things like getting on and off of subways. The whole time I'm frantically wondering how to get back to Czech. I'm pissed off at myself for being so impulsive, that I won't be able to afford a return flight, so I just wander around the city feeling useless. At one point in my dream, I got in a taxi cab, the driver was abrasive and kind of annoying. Saying things like, "oh this is just the European way" as he drove over curbs, pulled U-ies on highways. Strangely, each time he said that I would think to myself, what the fuck are you talking about, how does your reckless driving and odd maneuvers make it European, are you just saying that because you know I'm accidentally here instead of in Czech? My roomate Nadia and her boyfriend Jared eventually joined me in the Cab. We smoked cigarettes and chatted, just the 4 of us, while we drove about with no particular destination, all the while I feel horrible and guilty.
This is as close as it gets to a nightmare for me, in my dreams, when shit is scary, freaky, adventurous, etc. its not really a nightmare, its more exciting and I wake up exhilarated. Maybe it was from growing up on horror and action flicks. A zombie is neat.
This particular dream is also as close as it gets to a reoccurring dream for me. Rarely do I dream the same dream twice. But when I was in Costa Rica last December I had an almost identical dream. In my dream there, I woke up feeling lonely and got in a cab and went to the airport to exchange my return flight for one that I could board instantly. Back in Toronto, I realized that I'd left one week early, that I would miss Christmas with my family, and I felt horribly guilty and anxious. In these dreams, Toronto seems unfamiliar, I run through the streets, or in the case of last night's dream, drive.
One other curious detail that probably means nothing, but I thought it was one of the only humourous moments of the dream. It was when we were in the cab, Jared just started speaking Czech while looking at me with his regular friendly eyes. And I said "I don't speak any Czech, I was only there a few days before I came back," and he laughed and replied "neither do I, I just know a bunch of cuss words I thought were pretty funny."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment